Working to Keep us all Safe: In-Clinic Appointments During COVID-19
See below for information on what your Sitka Physio & Wellness in-clinic appointment will be like during the COVID-19 pandemic. Note that we are waiving cancellation fees for illness-related reasons, so please notify our Reception staff and stay home if you are feeling unwell and we will do the same!
- Bring a mask or other cloth covering for mouth and nose;
- Wear or bring appropriate clothing for being assessed and treated (shorts / tank top);
- Call in advance with your credit card number or send an e-transfer for contactless billing (our point-of-sale system will also be available for credit card “Tap”);
- Leave all other family members at home, unless accompanying a minor;
- You will receive a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire by email the night before your appointment; complete this the day of your appointment before coming in;
- Use the washroom prior to coming in; facilities will only be available in an emergency.
2. When you arrive:
- You will enter the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver at the Breezeway/Taxi Ramp entrance which can be accessed from either Burrard Street or Hornby Street. At the entrance, you will need to check in with a Hotel Vancouver staff member and then may proceed down to our clinic in the Lower Level (on the Hornby Street side). Please arrive at the entrance to the Hotel approximately 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time;
- You will be asked screening questions for COVID-19 symptoms if you have not completed your emailed screen;
- Clean your hands with sanitizer provided at Reception;
- You will be escorted directly to your treatment room upon entering the clinic.
3. What we look like:
- For both of our protection, your therapist will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (mask); they will wear gloves should it make you feel more comfortable too (we will be washing our hands as usual and want to minimize waste – unnecessary use of PPE – so will only wear gloves if asked to do so).
4. Leaving your appointment:
To reduce exposure to other patients and self:
- Your therapist will book your follow-up appointment or direct you to our online booking site;
- Your payment may be made by “Tap” of our point-of-sale, over the phone with our receptionist by credit card, or by e-transfer;
5. Behind the Scenes:
We are following the “Providing In-person Community Care During COVID-19 Guidance” from the College of Physical Therapists of BC. Some specific measures we are taking include:
- Offsetting practitioners’ schedules by 15-minutes to minimize people through high-traffic areas (reception + entrance);
- Enhanced cleaning of treatment rooms, contact surfaces (such as door handles, point-of-sale, light switches, etc);
- Reducing use of shared exercise equipment such as rollers and spikey balls; enhanced cleaning when these items are used.